Every MSP business owner knows that understanding and implementing digital marketing strategies improves reach and boosts revenue. By providing targeting strategies, you can have an effective impact on your niche market, SEO, as well as boosting your search engine ranking.
But there is a big decision to make – should you outsource marketing? The hardest decision you have to make is undoubtedly if you want to build an in-house marketing team or outsource to an MSP marketing agency. Only you can decide which is better for your company. Here are a few key points about both to help you decide:
Effective In-House Marketing Team
The first step in making the decision is to understand your strengths and weaknesses. If you do decide to hire an in-house marketing team, look for these qualities in your candidates:
- Ensure that they align with your vision statement and company culture. This way, they’ll work hard for your company’s growth because they know the daily goals and culture of your workplace.
- Hire people with a variety of marketing talents, such as web design, social media marketing, content marketing, paid advertising, email marketing and other areas of digital marketing.
- Find talent that stays abreast of the current digital marketing trends. You can either provide ongoing training for the latest marketing tactics or make sure they attend training sessions themselves. You don’t want your marketing goals falling behind the competition.
- Your team should openly communicate with one another, brainstorming ideas and helping others on the team.
- Your team should also be capable of effective physical marketing as well as online marketing. Otherwise, you aren’t going to reach your entire audience. They should be creating leaflets and brochures using equipment like Duplo International’s versatile cutter creaser built to withstand your typical daily workload. If they don’t know how to use equipment to create physical marketing content, they aren’t going to be entirely effective.
Benefits of Outsourcing to a Marketing Agency
If you find that creating an in-house marketing team is too expensive or requires more digital marketing experience than you have, outsourcing to an agency can be the way to go for your MSP business. Consider the following benefits of marketing agency vs in-house:
- Avoid workplace drama. No matter how much people like each other in your company, conflicts are bound to arise. This is especially true of creative people who are trying to build your brand by creating content for social media, blogs, podcasts and videos. Rather than losing time from these distractions, an agency can focus on your marketing campaign. Hiring a marketing agency jacksonville fl, or wherever your business is can be a way to keep the peace in the office.
- An agency has all the creative talent needed to develop a marketing campaign for all your needs. Think of it as a department store that has everything.
- They hire top digital marketers educated in all the latest breakthroughs in technology.
- Agencies provide automated, updated content to all your platforms. They understand your target audience and create relevant, informational content.
- They have all the technology needed for effective marketing campaigns, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses for software and other expensive technology.
- They can come up with other ways of marketing that aren’t reliant on digital such as trade shows or events. They might even suggest something like food truck event marketing that could be very innovative.
When all is said and done, it comes down to what you want from your marketing campaign. If you feel that an in-house marketing team would work better for your MSP business, then by all means, go with that. On the other hand, if you want more time for the everyday operations of your business, let an agency do the digital marketing for you.