Employees at your MSP company expect more than just going to work every day and receiving a paycheck at the end of the week. They want flexibility, encouragement, challenges, and appreciation. If your management team exemplifies your company culture and has dynamic, innovative, and free-flowing attitudes, then they’ll have no trouble empowering your workforce.
Six Strategies for Empowering Your Employees
The following strategies will help you retain and manage your talent by giving some control back to them, enabling them to better understand their roles and making them happy employees.
- Embrace Millennials – Millennials bring a new set of values to businesses today. They want to add value to the world around them, they love technology, and they’re willing to take risks. These are the attitudes you need to be competitive in the MSP industry. If you empower millennials with decision-making responsibilities and opportunities, you’ll both reap the benefits.
- Live Your Company Culture – The key to moving your company toward empowering employees is to understand your company culture and goals. You need to identify your MSP company’s personality, define its values, and then live it every day. Reinforce your values so your staff knows what’s expected and become enthusiastic about your vision.
- Offer Professional Development – Your management should be dedicated to training and educating your staff, focusing on leadership, management, culture, and responsibility. Give your employees the tools they need for professional advancement, helping them develop their talents and map their long-term success.
- Share the Power – Empowering your employees means sharing the power with them. Let them make their own decisions, or at least participate in the decision-making process. Sharing power also involves delegating responsibilities and allowing your workers to use their talents in their work situations. This instills a sense of ownership in your company and accountability for decisions. Giving this element of control builds trust and encourages better performance.
- Be Open and Honest – Share company information with your employees. Being transparent about your business puts them at ease. It strengthens your relationship with them, making them feel that you trust them with inside information. Your entire management team should encourage engagement, listen to your staff’s concerns, and motivate openness and honesty. Give them a sense of community and trust, letting them know what’s going on and the decisions being made.
- Give Flexibility Options – Allowing flex time goes a long way toward creating a sense of empowerment for your workers. By giving them the options to work flexibly, managing their own work-life balance, shows that you respect their personal lives and trust them with your business success. This forward-thinking demonstrates how much you value their choices.
Empowering your MSP company employees instills a sense of family. Sharing the decision-making, open communication, a positive company culture, and encouraging life-work balance gives control back to your employees, making them feel proud and satisfied with the job they do for you.