If you want an edge over your competitors, step up your managed services marketing strategy to include local SEO. You can implement basic local SEO marketing tactics yourself or you can hire a reputable agency to set up the program for you. In either case, take action on a local SEO campaign and watch your business take a top spot in Google SERPs.
Benefits of Marketing with Local SEO
Prospects by the millions perform local searches every month for the products they need. Your managed services marketing campaign has a tremendous opportunity to leverage local SEO. If you decide to try it, you’ll see the following benefits for your business:
- Boost in revenue
- Sail ahead of the competition
- Surge in digital visibility
- Noticed by target audience
Maximize Local SEO Strategy
When you develop your local SEO strategy, your starting point should be directory syndication. This is a good place to start because most people use online directories to compare businesses before purchasing local services or products.
Get Noticed with Directory Syndication
Digital directories are the yellow pages of the technological world. One of the most beneficial directories for small businesses is Google My Business, but others are also available. These directories are the go-to places for consumers to find the information they need about businesses in any industry. Many niche digital directories cater to the MSP industry. This is where directory syndication can help you. A few of the most common business directories include:
- Google My Business
- Yahoo Local
Many niche directories that list MSPs also exist. Just do a search for ‘managed services directory” and choose the ones that rank high for your listing.
Best Methods for Maximizing Local SEO
When you begin your direct syndication program, follow these tips for the most beneficial local SEO results:
- Stay consistent – Keep your business details the same for all your directory listings. Search engine analytics downgrade businesses if they have varying phone numbers, operation hours, addresses or other details. Make sure every listing has consistent information, including abbreviations.
- Use different phone numbers – Many MSP companies share the same phone number if they have multiple office locations. Search engines penalize listings that share phone numbers, so try to have different contact numbers for all your locations.
- Start with Google – All search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Baidu, and Bing have their own business directories. Google is the most popular by far with almost 93 percent of local searches, according to HubSpot. So, start your listing there. After Google, submit your information to the other search engines so you can reach a large target audience to help drive your conversions.
- Work on Profiles – Make sure you create a complete profile before you submit your listing. Include images, business information, and links to your social media accounts. A complete profile gives you the advantage in local searches over businesses that only include partial profiles.
The goal of your managed services marketing strategy is to create connections with your target audience— local SEO does that. You can expect to have, at least, three times more visitors to your website than businesses that don’t use local SEO.