If you’re looking for an effective MSP marketing opportunity, then attending trade shows is the answer. At this one venue, you’ll find the most successful marketers in the industry. When you network at a trade fair, you can catch up with old colleagues, meet new ones, check out new ideas and opportunities, find out what’s next in the MSP industry, share experiences, close deals and show off your MSP services. Where else can you find all that in one place?
See and Be Seen
Trade fairs shape industries and create professional identities. Anyone who is anyone in the MSP marketing business makes an appearance at these large-scale professional events. So, wear your nametag proudly, network and be seen! You can share information face-to-face with other marketers and learn more about methods used by others in the industry. The more you socialize with your peers, the more you’re shaping your professional identity in the MSP industry.
Present Your Services Directly to Prospects
When attending a trade show, you not only network with your competitors and colleagues, you also have the chance to present your services directly to prospects. This is a unique opportunity since most IT businesses conduct business online. This is a huge advantage over virtual marketing and sales. You can actually demonstrate your products and services to your target audience, showing them exactly what would work for them, and how you can assist them with their business success. Meeting your prospects in person helps you form a personal bond, which can result in on-the-spot sales.
Develop a Trade Fair Marketing Plan
When you decide to attend a trade fair, be prepared. Consider it as an exhibition marketing, and make an advertising and marketing plan for the trade show. During the fair, there is always something happening compacted into very little time and using many resources. Make sure your trade fair plan includes mixed activities for building relationships, sales and image building. If you’re not prepared, it’s easy to miss out on many of the trade show’s benefits.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when developing your event-marketing plan:
- Before going to the trade fair, make sure you have a thorough knowledge of your target audience.
- Create an awareness of your brand that exudes trust, reliability and honest.
- Develop enthusiastic ways to promote your business, using activities, incentives, and get-togethers.
- Present clear communications with your target audience by providing informative content, hands-on demonstrations, and holding educational workshops related to MSPs.
- Be prepared to make product presentations, hold promotional events and create relevant, interesting exhibitions.
- Create an entertaining and professional booth that attracts visitors. Place meaningful promotional products, such as memory sticks, water bottles, pens and other useful items in a visible spot in your booth. Visitors are more likely to approach a booth that provides giveaways.
Find Time to Relax
Trade fairs are overwhelming. You need to develop relaxation techniques that you can use during the show. One of the best ways to relax between activities, exhibitions, meetings and social events is to find a quiet place to stay overnight. This will give you a safe, quiet retreat when you need to get away from the hubbub.
To stay sharp and focused, it’s a good idea to take some time to get outside into the fresh air, even if it’s only for a few minutes. If you have enough time, go for a walk or short run to rejuvenate yourself.
Your MSP marketing strategy should include industry trade fairs that are versatile marketing tools that show off your services, help you become aware of the competitors’ products, and allow you to have direct interaction with your target market. After the show, always follow up with any leads and prospects you met during the fair.